I believe Freeperiod is the best room booking system for schools but then again I am a little biased.
I created Freeperiod after working in a post-primary school for thirteen years. Here are my thoughts on the questions you should ask when considering a room booking system;
- Teaching staff are busy, is the system easy to use?
- Is the system easy to administrate? Will the school be stuck if the person who set up the system leaves?
- How much work is required by the school with regards to annual timetable changes?
- Can we use the system to book equipment, laptops, meeting rooms, minibuses and other resources as well as classrooms?
- Is the room booking system designed by educationalists or by a business with no working history in education?
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to discuss any of these questions.